MAC’s Ruby Woo and Russian Red, Revlon’s Toast of New York and Cherries in the Snow. There’s Chanel’s Rouge Noir and Nars Honolulu Honey or Rimmel’s Airy Fairy and Coffee Shimmer. Don’t you just love some of the names given to all the endless, glorious and many iconic shades of lipstick in the world?!
Aside from the “what’s in a name” factor, lipstick is instant glam! From the silky texture and the packaging to how we feel when we put on a beautiful creamy shade of lippy that looks fab. Lipstick is classic, elegant and oh so feminine. I like creamy wearable lipsticks and tend to stick to the nudes… Here are some of my favorite “nudists” and they are all R130 and under.
(And here is an amusing article about weird lipstick names, I was a bit disappointed to discover that “Stand-up Bread” was a miss print!)
Top Picture from Left to Right;
1. Essence #05 in “Dare to be Nude”
2. Catrice Ultimate Shine #270 in “What’s AP-ricot?” – this one is more pinky.
3. Yardley Supermoist in “Evening Coral” – probably a little more red than nude.
4.Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick #103 in “Caramel Glace”
5. Body Shop Colour Crush #06
6. Maybelline Colour Sensational #842 in “Rosewood Pearl” – my overall favorite and the packing is gorgeous!
I am also partial to a bit of the old lip gloss and I adore the Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquer and recently discovered the Maybelline “ColorShow by Colorama” lip glosses for R45! Lovely, not too sticky.
Overall if in doubt, Revlon very rarely disappoints!